Plymouth County's VA-certified staff helps eligible veterans apply for compensation and pension programs to assist veterans and their dependents, including the following:
- Compensation for Service-Connected Disability/Death
- Non-Service-Connected Disability Pension
- Death Pension for Surviving Spouse and Dependent Children
- Aid and Attendance for Nursing Home and Housebound Veterans
- Appeals of Unfavorable VA Rulings
- Eligibility Verification Reports (EVR)
- Application for Iowa Veterans Home
The staff also assists with:
- Obtaining military records and awards.
- Distributing grave markers and flag holders for Plymouth County.
- Networking with Veteran's Administration Hospitals.
- Networking with other VA facilities and social service agencies.
The veteran must have been discharged under honorable conditions and have served 90 days or more of Federal active duty service.
Plymouth County Veteran Affairs
Plymouth County Courthouse
215 4th AVE SE
Le Mars, Iowa 51031
Monday - Thursday
8:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Closed For Lunch From 12:00 to 12:30 PM