US Passport Information
Please call the Recorder's office at 546-4020 to make an appointment when applying for a passport.
Of course, our office will be glad to assist you in completing the necessary paperwork in obtaining your passport book or card.
If you are under the age of 16, total cost of passport book is $135.00 ( Must be 2 separate payments) and is good for 5 years.
If you are over 16 years of age, the total cost is $165 and is good for 10 years.
Exceptions to expiration dates would be where they are limited by the Department of State to a shorter period.
The Passport Acceptance Agents' National Service Commitment states: Customers will receive their passport for routine processing within 6-8 weeks and for expedited processing for an additional $60.00 takes 2-3 weeks and the processing times begins the day the passport agency or center receives the passport application.
The use of two-way overnight delivery is highly recommended for all expedite requests, and only one passport can be returned in each envelope.
IN ORDER FOR US TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION, You will need to bring into our office the following items:
- Completed applications in black ink, and we must see you sign application.
- Certified copy of your birth certificate, hospital certificate not acceptable.
- Previous passport if you have one, which may be used instead of certified copy of birth certificate; however, if you are under 16, you must always submit your birth certificate for proof of parental identification.
- Two recent identical photos that meet passport requirements. Children ages 16 and 17 will need a parent present to sign and this parent must have appropriate ID. Children under the age of 16 will need both parents present to sign and present appropriate parental ID. To read more on Children Passport regulations CLICK HERE.
- Driver's license, which will be used as an identifying document; a Driver's PERMIT is not acceptable.