Voting & Elections
ID Required In Order To Vote
Poll workers Needed
The Plymouth County Auditor’s Office accepts citizens interested in being an election day poll worker on an ongoing basis. This is an important and exciting way to participate in democracy. Poll workers receive compensation for their time.
WHO can be a poll worker:
You must be registered to vote in Plymouth County, Iowa.
You must be able to read and write English.
You must have transportation to the polling place and the Poll worker School of Instruction. You must not be a candidate or a close relative whose name appears on the ballot.
HOW to become a poll worker:
Contact our office at 215 4th Ave. S.E. Le Mars, Iowa, or phone 712-546-6100 to apply. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Attend a training school prior to the election. You are paid for attending the school.
WHAT a poll worker does:
Reports to work at the polling place before the polls open on election day (Usually 6:00 a.m.) Prepare the polling place for voting.
Verifies that the voters are registered in the precinct.
Assists voters in the voting process.
Maintains order at the polls.
Closes polling location when poll close (8:00 P.M.) and remains until all
closing procedures have been done (usually an hour after the polls close).
Earns $11.50 per hour for training, $11.50 for Regular PEO’s on Election Day. $20 more for being a chairperson. Mileage is also paid.
For further information contact:
Plymouth County Auditor & Commissioner of Elections Stacey Feldman
215 4th Ave. S.E.
Le Mars, Iowa 51031
Email: email@example.com new email
Helpful Forms & Links
- opens in a new windowIowa League of Cities Candidates Guideopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowVoters Rights and Responsibilities
- opens in a new window3 Year Election Calendar
- opens in a new windowSpecial Election Calendar
- opens in a new windowFind your Polling Place
- opens in a new windowRock the Vote
- opens in a new windowIowa Secretary of State
- opens in a new windowTrack Your Absentee Ballot
- opens in a new windowFederal Post Card Applicationopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowFind Your Precinct
- opens in a new windowPetition Requesting Special Electionopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowSupervisors District Mapopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowHouse of Representatives Mapopens IMAGE file
- opens in a new windowSenate Mapopens IMAGE file
- opens in a new windowCongressional Districts Mapopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowPrecinct Mapopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowPrecinct Listopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowSchool District Maps